Sunday, 27 January 2013

How to cut your fringe/bangs at home [Step by Step]

Dear readers,

I've been pondering about cutting my fringe for a while now.

I usually cut it in Winter only since I wouldn't bear it on my forehead during the hot, Summer months. Last time I cut it was nearly 3 years ago. Previously the hairdresser used to cut it for me, but since I'm a full time student now and money is tight, I thought about cutting it myself at home.

I bought a pair of cute, pink scissors from Ebay [I got them from here]. I've also watched countless of You Tube videos on how to do this before taking the plunge.

This is the result:



and this is how I did it....

You should start with clean, straight, dry hair


Using a rat tail comb, find the middle of your head (or less, depending on how far back you want your fringe to start from)

Using the comb, draw one line from the centre of your head (or the point) to the end of your eyebrows. Do the same with the other side.

You should end up with a triangle like this one.

Tie the rest of your hair back.




Comb through your hair. Then grab it between your index and middle finger (I grabbed it with my right since I'm right handed - if you're left handed, grab it with your left)




Twist your hair to the right, then grab it with your left hand...



You should end up with something like this. Notice how the hair is now overlapping. By doing this, your fringe will be shorter in the centre and longer on the sides ^.^

Cut just beneath your fingers. I rested my hand on the middle of my nose, and cut there. It's better if you cut a little at a time!




Yeyy, mission accomplished :)



my cute pink lace scissors ^.^


What do you think? Would you be willing to try it yourselves? 

Love,

Lorraine
xoxo

17 comments:

  1. Great tutorial! Love the bangs!

    www.freckledfeline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the color of your scissors matters....phffffhhaha😁😂 GOOD GRAVY
      ...oh, & THANK YOU!, for not only teaching everyone the WRONG WAY...but also, u think $$ is tight??....well now, thanks to your advise here...some stylist missed out on money because of YOU!!...and, That stylist... spent her $ to get what u call a "LICENSE IN COSMETOLOGY!" Idiototicy

      Delete
    2. If you can't say something nice, then don't say nothing at all, Lindsey.

      Delete
    3. If you can't say something nice, then don't say nothing at all, Lindsey.

      Delete
  2. You bangs look soooo good! I never have the guts to do bangs myself lol, I feel very unskilled when it comes to cutting hair. My stylist usually will do it for me for free.
    <3, Mel
    beautytribune.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwwww thanks :') it's really easy if you follow the steps correctly. I've stopped going to the hairdresser, I'm dying and cutting it myself nowadays (until I make a mess of it, that is, lol)
      xx

      Delete
    2. I always cut and color my own hair. It looks GREAT according to my friends and boyfriend. THAT WAY, I don't have to listen to some self-centered diarrhea mouth, who won't SHUT THE UP AND CUT MY HAIR>

      Delete
    3. WHY do people have to respond to nice, kind people in nastiness??! SO true--"self-centered" poop mouth...makes herself look like a HUGE butt. Thanks Lorraine, for sharing your knowledge and cute, fun pink scissors to make it fun! Lindsey, please JUST be QUIET!--move on....really!

      Delete
  3. Hey! I cut my own fringe too but I use a different method because I don't want the sides to be too long. :)

    http://darcrose22fashionbeautygarden.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yey! A fellow own-hair cutter :) It's so easy to do them yourself, I love how my turned out :)

      Delete
  4. I haven't really cut my own hair before but you make it look really easy! I might have to try this, thank you :) x


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is really easy! Do it, you won't be disappointed :)
      <3

      Delete
  5. This is amazing! And kind of easy too.. hehe I hope it turns out well! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is! good luck...and do let me know if you try it out :D xoxo

      Delete
  6. I love your bangs and your pink scissors! Good job ;-) ok I'll sit still you cut my hair?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments, and will try my utmost to reply to each and every one of you <3 So, go ahead and leave a comment =^.^=