Wednesday 23 December 2015

L'Oreal True Match Foundation | New Formula [Review]



Ladies [and gentlemen], may I present you with my most favourite drugstore foundation to date: the L'Oreal True Match foundation. And this is a re-purchase! 

I got this bottle off Look Fantastic I think, so I don't know if they have this new bottle [and reformulation] on the Maltese stands.

There's quite a good shade range, so probably you'll find your perfect match. Mine is in Golden Beige, which I think is a tad too warm/too dark for my untanned skin, but I make it work.




Similarly to the old packaging, this also comes in a glass bottle with a handy pump, which dispenses a good amount of foundation. 

I also found that this newer formula is more liquid-y than the old one [or it just might be me]. As the packaging states, this is really super blendable - however I think that it is best to apply this with a stippling brush rather than with your bare hands [yes, I sometimes blend foundation with my hands] to get an airbrushed finish. Also, a little goes a long way - so it would be best to apply this a little at a time so that you can blend it easily [you'll see what I mean below]




Re: coverage - this is a medium coverage foundation which can easily turn to full coverage if you apply more than one layer [and you can do so without looking to caked up]. Having said that, I think that this new formula is more lightweight than the old version.

It doesn't really totally cover any redness, pigmentation or pimples - you would still need to use concealer to cover those up, but it does correct tone unevenness. 

The finish is neither dewy nor totally matte - it is somewhere in between - what I know is that it gives your skin a sort of healthy glow. However, I prefer to set this with a matte loose powder since I have combination/oily skin. Not only that, I think that setting this foundation is necessary in order to avoid having it melt off your face. 

I find that this does not make me super oily, but still over the day I find myself having to powder my nose to avoid excess shine. 


a really heavy swatch - oops!

In my opinion, this is one of the best drugstore foundations around, even though I do prefer the old formula to this one.

Love,
Lola
xxx


1 comment:

  1. i'm not a fan of liquid foundations but this one looks interesting!

    Love,
    Pudding Monster

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments, and will try my utmost to reply to each and every one of you <3 So, go ahead and leave a comment =^.^=